Vehicle insurance should be chosen as wisely as choosing the vehicle itself. So here’s a list of the top four Vehicle Insurance Companies in Qatar, helping you narrow down your choices to the one that brings you the most conveniences.
1. Qatar Insurance Company
QIC offers instant car insurance policy and renewal online.
Also, claims can be filed online from anywhere.
Offline claim filing is hassle-free too, with minimal paperwork done in one place at once.
Its Workshop Rating Program includes nearly all workshops and garages around Qatar.
It provides comprehensive coverage and a wide range of add-ons.
Connect with QIC-
Contact number – 8000742
2. Libano Suisse Insurance
Libano Suisse offers instant online claim registration ensuring an easy, hassle-free experience.
It presents a wide range of policy options to choose from.
Their special “Orange card” is a unified insurance plan applicable in multiple Arab countries (including Syria, Jordan, Kuwait, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Egypt, Libya, Tunis, Algeria, and Morocco.)
Connect with Libano Suisse-
Contact number – (961) 1374900
Read Also: Driving in Qatar – Basic Guidelines and Tips
3. Arabia Insurance Company
AIC is a well-established pan Arab company that has an extended experience of more than 70 years in insurance services.
It offers coverage-combinations at the most affordable prices.
AIC is efficiently active on the top social networks to stand nearer to its customers and be more responsive.
However, it doesn’t offer online services, and its website content is a bit limited.
Connect with Arabia Insurance company-
Contact number – +974 4442 2682
4. Doha Insurance Company
Although DIC is one of the newest companies to offer insurance policies, they have high growth rates and stakeholder interests.
They have two carefully devised vehicle insurance policies to propose, the Motor Compulsory Insurance (third party insurance) and the Motor Comprehensive Insurance (full insurance covering vehicular damage, injuries of passengers and third party liabilities).
They offer online access to registration for insurance and reinsurance and claim-filing.
Connect with Doha Insurance company-
Contact number – (+974) 44292777
5. Qatar Islamic Insurance
Qatar Islamic Insurance is based on a cooperative principle. The premiums paid by the policy holders are added to a general fund. All claims are met from the amount in this general fund.
At the end of the year, the expenses are deducted and the cash surplus is returned as dividends or distributions back to the policy holders. Retained surplus reserves and dividends can also be invested by the shareholders on behalf of the policy holders. Qatar Islamic Insurance offers three types of motor new insurances for automobiles:
- Motor Compulsory Insurance,
- Motor Comprehensive Insurance (A’ Shamil) (my car and the one I hit)
- Road Travelers Orange Card
Connect with Qatar Islamic Insurance.
Contact Number – +974 – 44658855
6. Daaman Islamic Insurance Company
The Daaman Islamic Insurance Company is a Sharia-compliant private closed shareholding insurance company founded in 2009. They offer retail insurance, corporate insurance, and motor insurance.
This insurance company offers two types of motor insurances – Comprehensive motor insurance and Third-party motor insurance.
The Comprehensive motor insurance offers complete coverage for the car and includes doorstep service, registration card renewal service, surplus distribution, and agency repair. This insurance covers the minimum required standards.
Third-party motor insurance offers basic damage protection for someone else’s car. It doesn’t cover your own vehicle. This insurance meets the minimum required standards.
Connect with Daaman Islamic Insurance Company
Contact Number – 44050555
7. AXA Insurance
AXA Insurance offers car insurance and insurance renewal services. The major car insurance covers they offer include Comprehensive car insurance and Third-party car insurance.
Comprehensive car insurance provides protection for the driver and the passengers. The insurance provides coverage for both damage and loss of car including personal belongings. It also provides third-party liability for property damage and personal injury. Third-party insurance offers protection from third-party property damage and personal injury.
The insurance coverage also includes additional benefits such as 24/7 roadside assistance and breakdown recovery, replacement vehicle if claimed, and off-road coverage. Policy holders also have the option to repair the vehicle in any of the AXA-network garages or at the dealership.
Connect with AXA Insurance Company
Contact Number – 8002921
8. General Takaful
Licensed by the Qatar Central Bank, General Takaful is a private shareholding insurance company. They offer both Comprehensive motor insurance and Third-party insurance.
The comprehensive motor insurance covers all expenses caused due to damage of car in an accident. It also provides coverage to damages incurred to third-party drivers and passengers. The additional benefits of this insurance coverage are:
- Tire replacement service
- Fuel delivery service
- Towing or removal of the vehicle
- Battery charging service
- Lock-out service
- Pickup and delivery for routine services
- Airport drop-off services
- Pickup and delivery for registration services and traffic inspection services
- Car replacement, if car repair takes more than 48 hours
- Agency repair services
- Off-road cover (including sand dune)
Third-party insurance provides loss and damage cover for injury, third-party driver, and death. The additional benefits of this insurance are:
- Tire replacement service
- Lock-out service
- Fuel delivery service
- Towing or removal service
- Battery charging service
Connect with General Takaful Insurance Company
Contact Number –55225570
9. Qatar General Insurance and Reinsurance Company
This insurance company offers both corporate and personal insurances. They offer tailored motor insurances for cars as well as buses and heavy vehicles.
Qatar General Insurance company has qualified underwriting and claims managers who can help you select the right insurance product based on your requirements. They also have a simple and fast claims resolution process.
Connect with Qatar General Insurance and Reinsurance Company
Contact Numbers – +974 4428 2222 and +974 4443 7302
10. Seib Insurance and Reinsurance Company
Seib offers a wide range of insurance products, which include motor, medical, home, travel, personal accident, and yacht. Their motor insurance offers coverage for property damage as well as personal injury. It also provides cover for any damage to public property caused during the accident. The motor insurance policy provides coverage in cases such as:
- Overturning or collision
- Fire due to lightning, thunderbolt, or self-ignition
- Attempted theft or burglary
- Act of third party
The benefits of this insurance are roadside assistance, off-road cover extension, car replacement, third-party liability, and GCC cover extension.
Apart from motor insurance, Seib also offers a suite of optional covers that policy holders can select based on their requirements. The optional covers are:
- Seib Flood, Storm, Tempest Extension Clause
- Seib Strikes, Riots and Civil Commotion Extension Clause
- Seib Personal Accident Extension Clause
- Seib Car Replacement Clause
- Seib Off-road Motor Extension Clause
Connect with Seib Insurance and Reinsurance Company
Contact Number – +974 4402 6888
11. Savoy Insurance Brokers
Savoy Insurance has a team of professionals who are experienced in risk management. They offer a range of insurance solutions such as fire and general accident insurance, engineering insurance, liability insurance, life and medical insurance, marine and aviation insurance, and motor insurance.
All policy documents are securely maintained online for easy access by policy holders at any time. They offer a single-window solution for all insurance-related queries and issues.
Savoy Insurance offers four types of motor insurances
- Motor Comprehensive Insurance for individuals
- Motor Third Party Liability Insurance for individuals
- Motor Third Party Liability Insurance for fleet
- Motor Comprehensive Insurance for fleet
Connect with Savoy Insurance Brokers
Contact Number – +974 44323006
12. Alkhaleej Takaful Insurance
Established in 1979, Alkhaleej Takaful Insurance offers insurance and reinsurance services. This company is compliant with Sharia principles. This insurance company offers both personal and corporate insurance.
Alkhaleej Takaful Insurance offers Comprehensive motor insurance and Third-party motor insurance for individuals and fleet. The motor insurance policy is valid withinGCC and Arab Country’s geographical boundaries. They offer motor insurance policies with customized coverage, pricing, and quality services.
Connect with Alkhaleej Takaful Insurance
Contact Number – 8005007
Why vehicle insurance is important?
Well, if you’re here, reading this article, then it seems a little obvious that keeping insurance for your belongings holds importance for you.
Even so, going through the reasons again ensures you haven’t missed any, and also makes you more contented with your decision of going for insurance.
So let’s get them listed! a comprehensive vehicle insurance –
- Cover your liability for third-party damages.
- Cover you for any vehicular damage.
- Pays for the repair/replacement cost required to reinstate your vehicle in the same good condition as it was before a vehicular accident.
- Pay for hospitalization to the driver and the passengers for any personal injury sustained as a result of any vehicular accident.
- Protect from loss arising due to legal action and any Legal Liability that may occur due to accidental damages caused to any property or person because of your vehicle.
- Provide financial support in case of theft, vandalism or destruction due to the fire of the vehicle.
- Compensate your family after your demise due to any vehicular accident.
And above all, it is lawfully mandatory in Qatar to have insurance registered for vehicles at least 12 months before buying any.
Driving without valid car insurance is an illegal action which is penalized.
What to keep in mind before buying vehicle insurance?
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
It covers damages caused to any third person, vehicle or property due to your car.
- Comprehensive insurance should be bought to cover personal injuries and damages to your vehicle.
- Additional covers (like Engine protection cover, Consumables cover, Return to invoice, No-claim Bonus (NCB) protection cover) should be carefully selected according to your risk profile.
- Personal Accident cover should be availed to ensure adequate protection during a physical loss.
It can be applied to the passengers as well, according to the seating capacity of the vehicle.
- Buying insurance from the same company for all your cars (bundled insurance) helps save money.
What will I need to get a quote from an insurance company?
Apart from the choice of the type of cover, you require, here’s what you should have before shopping around for any policy-
• Details of the driver
• The make, model, registration number and year of manufacture of the vehicle
• The current value of your vehicle
• Number of years of no-claims discount you’ve accrued
• Place where the vehicle is kept when not in use
• What you use the vehicle for (business, commuting or domestic use)
• Estimated annual mileage of the vehicle
• Details of all claims or convictions you’ve had over the past three years
• The details of any claims you have made (with dates)
• Your full address
• Full details of any alarms or immobilizers installed in the car